I got to meditate late afternoon today and I am surprised that it is a very different experience than when I did it in the night. I did not feel sleepy and I had a whole different set of experiences. I am starting to wonder what influences my sessions and why I see a different movie everyday. It is interesting , nevertheless.
I am listing some of the interesting occurrences from today’s session
- A checklist of things that I had to do flashed in my mind for a half a minute
- Weirdly, two toddlers appeared and were eating bathing soap like they eat a cookie. I really want to understand the significance or reasoning behind such randomly bizarre thoughts
- Stream of thoughts, especially about two adulthood relationships that did not end well.
- Involuntary, subtle and sudden facial movements especially after deep thoughtlessness
- Periods of “light-headed”ness. My head felt like a balloon getting deflated little by little. I have to admit it was very relaxing
- Frequent periods of no thoughts
Today’s tip : I had a lot of concerning / deflating news today. But, I remained to stay completely calm and composed. I attribute that to my meditation practice.
Parting Quote by : Adi Sankara
As gold purified in a furnace loses its impurities and achieves its own true nature, the mind gets rid of the impurities of the attributes of delusion, attachment and purity through meditation and attains Reality